Sustainability and Impact
The Standby List is committed to doing our part to protect the environment. After all, consignment itself is a great sustainable option to re-home items!
Please reuse as much of the packaging as possible. Where not possible to reuse, confirm with your local waste management facilities for how to best dispose of your waste (some even have apps!).
As a new small business, we have to balance the upfront expenses that come with sustainability. As much as we would love for all our packaging to be sustainable, it may be that we have to utilize a non-sustainable option. Be assured, we are committed to improving our packaging where possible.
Here are the sustainable packaging options The Standby List is currently utilizing:
- Product tags: our product tags utilize kraft tags (Staples), and hemp twine (EcoEnclose). Kraft paper does not require extensive bleaching in it’s production. Hemp is a sustainable crop, and hemp twine is biodegradable and compostable.
- Shipping Labels: our 8.5” x 5.5” white shipping labels are printed on zero-waste, recyclable liner (EcoEnclose)
Mailers: we offer two sustainable poly mailer options:
- 100% recycled poly mailer (9” x 12”) (EcoEnclose)
- 100% recycled poly mailer (12” x 15.5”) (EcoEnclose)
- We also have a small amount of 100% recycled poly mailers (EcoEnclose) in a variety of sizes we can utilize
- Tissue Paper: the tissue paper we utilize in our packages is 100% recycled kraft tissue paper (EcoEnclose). Tissue paper can be saved and reused! Once it has hit its end of life, you may be able to dispose of tissue paper in the green bin (organic waste).
- Packing Tape: we offer reinforced kraft paper water-activated tape where possible (EcoEnclose)
- Stickers: our custom stickers are printed on recycled paper facestock, and utilize a zero-waste, recyclable liner (EcoEnclose)
If you’d like to learn more about our sustainable packaging items, please feel free to reach out to us or check out EcoEnclose.com.
We put our money where our mouth is. A portion of The Standby List yearly sales will be donated to local and international causes that help support our equestrian community and/or the environment. Stay tuned for our announcement as to which organizations we will be supporting in 2022!
Donations from Previous Years:
- 2021: The Canadian Horse Defence Coalition